Comments and inspiration pulled from the fashion industry. My blog reviews fashion trends, magazines, designers, stores, runway shows and more.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Self proclaimed bag lady

"Hellooo lover," a phrase that Carrie Bradshaw so cooley said one episode on Sex and the City while window shopping for shoes, is basically my same reaction everytime I go shopping for purses. Everywhere I turn I feel inclined to add to my collection of bags, as if it wasn't large enough already. From gargantuen and vibrant to compact and pretty, this spring and summer's options for purses are endless. After perusing through a variety of purse previews and must haves, I'm already having a tough time picking not only which style to invest in, but more so asking the question, how many of each is too much?

The Big One
For daytime and playtime bags, and I've mentioned before, the bigger the bag the better is always a safe rule. For daytime bags, have fun choosing totes and hobos with a bold pattern or bright accent color. If you are looking for a bag that is easy to transition into an evening carry-all, try a bag similar to this black patent leather textured tote. It is a great purse for an afternoon of shopping, and you can transition it into an evening bag as well.

For a work friendly bag, ditch the boring briefcase and try on a simple yet fun bag such as the white leather purse shown below. You won't only look stylish and fresh, but you may even be able to fit your laptop in if the bag is big enough.


Tiny Spaces
What I like about clutches this season is that we now have even more options for both day and night. I have definitely been seeing more daytime appropriate clutches that have colorful patterns and nature inspired designs. One of my personal favorites that I have seen lately is this wicker clutch by Michael Kors. Clearly, budgets may often trump designer bags, but this is such a versatile piece that you can pair as a great accessory with almost any outfit.

Clutches for an evening out are still just as glamorous as ever with metallics, sparkle and fringe. If you are looking for a transitional piece from day to night, try to stick with a leather or embroidered material.

For more examples of this season's hottest purses, I suggest taking a look on elle.com. They have a great slideshow collection of 200 some purses that are all fabulous.

No comments: