Comments and inspiration pulled from the fashion industry. My blog reviews fashion trends, magazines, designers, stores, runway shows and more.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Jumping back into my fashion dreamland

I slept extremely well after spending the day at the Moda Show and dreaming of the clothing collections and bags for the upcoming fall season. We woke up that morning and headed back to Jacob Javitz to finish the accessories show, before heading over to the Show Piers 92 and 94 for the ENK Accessorie Circuit and Intermezzo Collections.

Moda Show Round Two
We spent our morning at Jacob Javitz, perusing through rows of bags and jewelry. We saw a lot of classic leather and reptile prints in colors of olive green, tan, cranberry and of course the classic black and white. Clutches are still around for fall showing a lot of chunky buckles and a softer, more light weight leather in all colors. Magnet clutches have definitely become a favorite of mine. I saw a ton of them sticking around for fall, with what seemed to be a few advances in production for a stronger magnet and more compact organization.

After getting our fill of purses, we shifted our focus to jewelry and what we found was gold, gold and more gold. Hooray! I have to be honest and say that I still haven't gotten enough of the gold trend in jewelry, so I was pleasantly suprised to see that is still going to be around for awhile. After making our way through the rows of incredible jewelry, I came to the conclusion that there is not a clear and defined trend for jewelry for the fall season. Chunky necklaces, rings and bangles are still represented, but what I saw more of - and loved - was a more thin, delicate and feminine take on all pieces including earings, necklaces and bracelets, especially in gold. I also saw a lot of precious stones being incorporated into the desings, which I loved and thought was a refreshing addition to the collections.

People Watching at the Piers
After finishing the Moda Show at Jacob Javitz, we headed over to Pier 92 and 94 for the Intermezzo Collections. Juli and I made stops at Michael Stars, Sweet Pea, 3 Dots, Joes Jeans, Ella Moss, Splendid, and many more, but the real appeal for me were the ladies walking around in fabulous dresses and jumpers from this spring and summer collections. I thought the fashion walking past me was just as inspiring as the collections being presented to us by the designer reps. I almost wanted to line these girls up and coordinate a fashion show - it was one of my favorite parts of the entire show, and I wanted to snag every outfit and purse that passed my way.

I also loved our appointment with our rep at Michael Stars. I have always been familiar with the brand, but after spending some time looking through the fall collection, I quickly learned that I wasn't as familiar with it as I had originally thought. Of course they have their great cotton basics, but I fell in love with their new line of cashmere sweaters. I loved, loved, loved the mod jumper that was shown to us, as well as a casmere dress that comes as a wrap dress and a basic scoop neck dress that could easily be thrown on with a pair of leggings or over jeans with a great belt. In addition to their cashmere line, they are also introducing a line of printed tees which will come in metallic as well as their basic cotton line.

In the end, day two was another success, and even though Juli and I were both exhausted from the day and everything we experienced, I was too excited to go to bed. I kept thinking about all of our appointments we had that day, the fashion I fell in love with just taking some time to stop and look around at the women attending the show, and I started to get a bit sad that the next day I would wake up and it would be our last day of shows, and I would have to leave my new favorite place and head back to Kansas City.

No comments: