Comments and inspiration pulled from the fashion industry. My blog reviews fashion trends, magazines, designers, stores, runway shows and more.

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Genius! Beauty products that beg for your attention

Completely aware that this is a fashion blog, I have recently come across two beauty products that I absolutely need to share with everyone. After all, beauty and fashion go hand in hand.


The perfect cleanser

I'm a no fuss no muss kind of a girl when it comes to keeping my face fresh and clean. I also have sensitive skin so I have been around the block a time or two when it comes to testing out different face washes. I am usually pretty loyal to the Olay brand, but recently I found a bottle that screamed out my name and it had to be mine: Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser. It looked simple, clean, refreshing. And, the best part lies in the subtext. It is a make-up remover and cleanser in one for refreshingly clean skin. Genius! So far it has been a big success every morning and night with my skin so it's a keeper. If you're like me and don't want a five step process when you're trying to go to bed or get ready in the morning, head out to your local drug store. The second best part, its only $6. Perfection.

Customize your make-up
Bobbi Brown has introduced what can only be noted as the future of what make-up is going to be all about. Personalize, customize, simplify, and a focus on a woman's need for individual beauty. Every shadow, bronzer and blush that they make will now be available for sale individually, and it will fit into the palette. The fun part is you get to pick and choose your colors and how you want to create your own compact. You can combine eye shadow and blush for a convenient on-the-go make-up kit. Again, a woman at my own heart is trying to create something that will organize and simplify your routine. Even better, it allows you to think about what you want, your favorites and create something that is 100% you instead of a cookie cutter eye shadow palette where you end up liking two of the four. Have fun picking your base color and highlighter. Bobbi Brown offers great tips on how to create the perfect palette on her website at bobbibrown.com.

No comments: