Comments and inspiration pulled from the fashion industry. My blog reviews fashion trends, magazines, designers, stores, runway shows and more.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Project Runway 501


It's no surprise that I am an avid viewer of Project Runway. Even though it is in it's third season and the formatting and commentary hasn't changed one bit, I still can't turn my eyes away from watching this glorious show.

Last night the contestants were asked to make a new garment purely out of Levi's jeans. While I'm a big believer that denim should only be worn as a pair of pants, these designers made it their own and created some interesting concepts. At the end of the show, I was left wondering what I would create if given the challenge. Come to find out this morning, as I was checking up on some of my favorite blogs, you too can participate in the denim design challenge at the Levis Web site!

All you need to do is register online and upload your design before February 6th. They even go to the lengths of providing a list of do's and dont's insider design tips to help you out along the way. If chosen the winner, you will receive a $501 Levi's gift certificate and most importantly Levi's will sell your design on levis.com. Second and third prize winners also get gift certificates of $501 and $250.

For those of us who are inspired and have great ideas, but aren't exactly "skilled" in the world of fashion design, it is still fun to enter the site and check out what is going on. Once you register, you are free to view all the submitted designs and comment on them. Still not intruiged? As a judge, you too can win Levi's gift certificates. Not too shabby.

If you love Project Runway and have ever put on a quality pair of jeans, I highly suggest visiting the site. If anything, you'll be impressed with the creativity that exudes from the site.

No comments: