Comments and inspiration pulled from the fashion industry. My blog reviews fashion trends, magazines, designers, stores, runway shows and more.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Prima Ballerina


I’ll be the first to admit that I am not the biggest fan of Crocs, and I haven’t been since they chomped their way into everyone’s homes and gardens in 2003. While they are comfortable, colorful and sweat proof, I have never really felt the need to own a shoe that could easily transition from the garden to running errands around town. But, their latest product has forced me to reconsider my nose-in-the-air opinion of the loveable brand.

Crocs looked to the latest fashion trends in footwear to spin their original product, and what the company ended up creating was a surprisingly adorable ballet flat. Appropriately named, the Prima, is a comfortable yet fashionable shoe that comes in 8 different colors, including all of your pastel favorites and this season’s popular metallics, silver and gold.

So, if you’re in need of a fun, cushiony, loveable and trendy shoe that is guaranteed to remove any and all summer foot odor, I definitely recommend purchasing Crocs’ latest Prima ballet flat. Find your favorite Croc at crocs.com

2 comments:

Bobtography said...

Lauren-- It seems that in New York, everyone's struggle is the daily "frek out" over the "socks, pant's and shoes" comboing. Do you have a fomula? Is the formula uni-sexual, or, different for guys and girls?

Your due for a blog post anyway!

Lauren said...

Are you referring to the concern of compromising style over comfort? I, like many city-dwellers alike, wake up in the morning, put together an outfit and then stand at the foot of my closet contemplating what type of shoes to wear. I should (note the emphasis on "should") wear my stylish stilletos or adorable new wedge sandals, but knowing I will be at work and on my feet for 8 hours, my head and my feet beg for something a bit more comfortable.

The shorter answer to your question is there is no precise formula or golden rule. The only thing you can do is enjoy the challenge of finding a stylish pair of shoes that are comfortable. For me, I have found a pair of patent leather ballet flats by Me Too. They cushion my feet all day long and look great with everything.

As for the men, I don't feel as though I can comment on what is fashionable in men's shoes. I'm not 100% up to speed in that department. However, for men and women alike, as long as you are not wearing the oh-so-popular bright white gym shoes and tube socks from the 80s (yes I did see them in a recent trip to NYC), you're good to go in my book.